Monday, December 20, 2010

MADE: Christmas Decorations Part II

So as promised I am back with some more simple ideas to make your own decorations. Alas the photo's did not come out the best but I will still share how I did them.

This one is super simple - I just got styrofoam stars from Spotlight, spayed them with a spray adhesive and then dipped them in Marth Stewart glitter and you have instant twinkly stars.

The next one is a real easy one too. You can buy DIY clear glass ornaments (they also have good quality plastic ones in you have youngens in your house). All I did was get some white feathers, sprinking them with glitter and poke them into the bauble. Easy!

And here is my finished tree, I just put on some lights and a few of my sentimental ornaments that I have collected over the years. I'm very happy with it, now all I have to do is make sure Winston doesn't climb up it!

Be sure to come back on Wednesday when I will be taking part in the Epheriell 2011 Creative Odyssey Blog Hop.


2 comments:

  1. The ornaments look beautiful ... go you for doing the handmade thing! :)
    I think I'll definitely have to give those stars a go and make the house twinkle! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! Handmade rocks! :):)

    - Krystal xo

    ReplyDelete