White Chocolate Dipped Shortbread
Super Rich Chocolate Fudge (recipe below)
So I thought I would share with you the Super Rich Chocolate Fudge recipe so you can spread some Christmas Cheer.
- 100 gram butter - chopped
- 1 x can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup brown sugar - firmly packed
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 100 grams of good quality white cooking chocolate - chopped
- 200 grams of good quality dark cooking chocolate (preferably 70% cocoa) - chopped
- Firstly line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- In a glass bowl put butter, condensed milk, sugar and syrup and put in the microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Carefully remove and give it a good stir, add 100 grams of white and 100 grams of dark chocolate and return to microwave. Zap the mixture for 30 secs and then stir thoroughly. The chocolate should melt into the mixture. If it needs to go for longer give it another 30 seconds and check. Do not over cook it as the chocolate will "turn".
- Carefully spoon into the prepared baking tray and refrigerate for two hours until solid.
- Melt the remainder of the dark chocolate and use a spatula to spread evenly over the fudge. (I finished mine with a drizzle of white chocolate to make it look pretty).
- Leave to set. Once it has set then cut into small squares (this is SUPER rich so the only need to be small) and wrap in baking paper and put in an air tight container.
A little tip is don't refrigerate the fudge because it goes super hard. I keep mine at room temperature. If you do need to keep in the fridge, remove it a couple of hours before serving.